Monday, June 01, 2015

Pegasus

Pegasus was taken just six months after I purchased my first DSLR back in March 2009 and shot from a wonderful warm and stormy midnight September shore in Cuba.  Pegasus also represented the moment when I realised not only did I want to become a photographer, that perhaps one day I potentially could. Fast forward one year later and I was beginning my degree at Plymouth College of Art.  My journey had begun.


Pegasus

Through most of my life, storms have often fascinated me (or scared me, though more so during my earlier years).  So much power and raw energy amongst a wide range of tonal dark clouds, that sudden flash of electric light accompanied moments later by a thunderous rubble, as if the sky was crying out in celebratory applause.  It is easy to forget just what this world is capable of producing at times; from my point of view, Pegasus is the perfect illustration of just this, having been noted often as one of those one in a million shots. I'm not going to argue.  Besides, what are the chances of ever capturing a cloud formation, shape or pattern similar to this in the skies again?  Next to nothing? 

Pegasus is certainly an image that tends to sum up me as a photographer.  
I might not be the most gifted or technically minded person behind the camera, yet I do seem to have something.  The very idea of being in the right place at the right time, with lady luck watching over with Cupid-like precision, there is definitely a case to be made for being blessed on a number of occasions. Whatever it is (or isn't), I have been gratefully riding this wave in abundance over the last half a decade.  Hopefully I am not being too greedy and my watchful guardian still has a little more to spare as I begin my new project later this week.          

No comments:

Post a Comment